The BCSO Medical Department has been continuously accredited by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) since April 1987 for providing medical care and health services which meet the strict standards developed by the American Medical Association and revised by the NCCHC. The BCSO is one of a select group of correctional institutions accredited by the NCCHC for its’ superior level of health care services.
The BCSO is proud of its accomplishment for achieving success by receiving the national accreditation, and strives daily to uphold its prestigious medical operation for which has recognized.
Click here for more information about the BCSO Medical Accreditation.
The scope of services offered by the Medical Department are listed below:
- On-site MD, PA, NP, RN, LPN Medical Services
- Initial Intake Medical and Mental Health Screenings
- Health Assessments & Physicals
- Responses To Inmates Requests For Medical Services
- Special Management Rounds Re: Medical & Mental Health
- Chronic Illness & Special Needs Care
- Medication and Pharmaceutical Services
- Mental Health Services & Suicide Prevention
- Medical Records Management
- Nutritional and Special Diet Services
- Off-Site Services/Medical Utilization